Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Kidney Boy


Yoda has "renal failure". This means that 75% of his "renal function" is gone. In plainer terms he only has 1/4 of a Kidney working right now. He has been with us for 7 years - not nearly enough time for me.

He gets an expensive renal dog food - which, of course, both dogs eat ravenously. I guess its because it has less protein in it.

He is supposed to get injected fluids once a week. We have only managed to do it twice. How can a 15 pound dog manage to out muscle me? Easy. He cries and whimpers and struggles against me while I hold him. I want to cry and whimper too. He is the focus of an essay I wrote: A dog named prozac.

Kidney boy died before the prom (two points for the reference) I am hoping Yoda will make it long past May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home