Friday, January 27, 2006

L-A-Z-Y, you ain't got no alibi

I went today to help a friend with a project. Her theater group is setting up for a big show on Sunday. I was a hired (make that volunteer) hand to help them set up risers, the set, and move furniture. In the two hours I was there I did maybe 20 minutes worth of work.

How many people does it take to set up a riser. Lets count: one to stand around and dab paint on his painting while looking REALY artistic, one to sit and watch and complain about everyone else, and three to stand around doing the work one person should do.

These people were so disorganized and lazy it was all I could do not to start issuing orders to get things done. It would have been easy enough to get all the work done in less than one hour - but instead they are still working. Thank god I felt no obligation to be there. It was EASY work, not hard or demanding - all you had to do was do what you were told. There was one guy there who knew what he was doing, but he was a failure at deligating his work. I am a hard worker and I was a GIFT to them; I would have stayed much longer to help if they could have managed to get their shit together. It's their loss.

And all the while the "artist" dabbed his paint. ARGGGG!

At least I know that there is no way on earth that I am as lazy as any of those people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home